Collaboration is key to greener and better solutions
Greencarrier has really high ambitions for our work ahead when it comes to sustainability, as do our customers. We want to lead the change towards a more sustainable tomorrow together with them.
That’s one of the reasons why we have created a network of Green Ambassador’s, with at least one representative in each country where we operate. This team helps us push for sustainable development both locally and together on a global level, guided by the Greencarrier vision “Creating a more sustainable tomorrow” but with a focus on what can be done locally.
The Green Ambassadors work to promote our sustainability initiatives both internally and towards our customers and partners. They all work in different functions and roles, but what they all have in common is that they work to find new possibilities and sustainable solutions for our customers and to inspire creativity and innovation both within our organization and with collaboration partners.
Close dialogue with customer helps us become stronger together
Understanding the environmental impact of every decision throughout your entire supply is a challenge. Our role is to make right choices easier when it comes to the logistics chain.
Making more sustainable choices is much easier when the facts are presented to you in a clear and relatable way. Our Green Ambassador in Sweden Christina Windahl, Strategic Sales Manager for Greencarrier Freight Services, tells us more about how she works in collaboration with customers to work for constant improvements of environmental footprint.
– I always ask our customers how they view sustainable alternatives, and if their organizations are ready for change from current set-ups into more sustainable solutions where possible. Is their management promoting need for reduction of emissions? Can the production and sales departments join forces in suggesting change of habits to their clients? Eventually it will be a necessary task to discuss.
We give customers emissions reports and compare the footprint of different logistics solutions and transport modes, and this way we enable a dialogue about making better choices.
Giving back to society when we can
Another part of our work with sustainability is giving back to the society or planet! In our Greencarrier Spirit fund, we set aside 1% of our profit each year for projects within sustainability that our employees can initiate. Both local and global.
We want these initiatives to be based on local passion and needs, and that’s another way our ambassadors can engage and push the ambitions forward!
Last year in Norway we engaged in a project with Matsentralen, and we aim to do more of that this year with commitment from our offices around Norway. This is one example of how the Greencarrier Spirit Fund works.
Our Green Ambassador in Norway, Synne Skoe Strand who works with sales support for Greencarrier Freight Services, tells us more:
– Globally, food waste contributes to almost 10% of the total man-made greenhouse gas emissions. Therefore, I believe Matsentralen is a great Greencarrier Spirit Project because they focus on both helping people that struggle to put food on the table and at the same time reducing food waste. Both the Norwegian government and the UN have set a goal of a 50 % reduction in food waste by 2030. By helping out Matsentralen with donations and packing boxes of food I believe that we will build a great team spirit by helping someone else and being a part of creating a more sustainable tomorrow.
The power of an ambassador network
These are two examples of how our ambassadors work each day. Here are some other reasons to why you should use an ambassador network to promote engagement and change!
- You get more involvement by more internal stakeholders, and this helps you integrate sustainability into your core business. Which we believe is truly key to success.
- All countries are different and having local ambassadors can help you find opportunities that fit local needs and customer demands.
- Working in networks across functions and country borders means that we can share best practice, see things from new perspectives, challenge each other and make each other better.
- A network of passionate members helps things moving at a much faster pace!
Caring for people, planet and business
And of course, you are more than welcome to contact me, one of our Green Ambassadors or another Greencarrier colleague!